Friday 18 March 2011

Is it getting cloudy in here ?

No, but things are getting a lot clearer for me ;-)

Seriously, some of the features I'm planning for Plink Log are ideas at the moment, I don't know how I'm going to do them. Things like Printing & Real Time shot transfer (aka Electronic Targets) are a real killer idea, I just dont have a clear idea how to implement them.

Or until now. I've been looking at some Google Cloud API features - Cloud Printing & Cloud to Device Messaging. This ought to make my work a lot easier. Problem is Cloud Printing for Android isn't ready yet. As all the wireless/network/cloud functionality is related, I'm going to split the next release into 2 stages. Stage 1 will have all the Scoring, MOA calcs, string stats etc. Stage 2 will have the other stuff like printing & real time shot transfer between devices etc.

The Stage 1 stuff is pretty much complete, I'll knock out a new manual quickly & release the update soon. The Stage 2 stuff will take a bit longer, I need to see how the Google APIs get done & decide if I want to use them or do my own thing. Either way, a major update release is due quite soon. Keep your ears & eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment